A Blog Dedicated to Ancestral Lifestyle & Storytelling
About The Author
Ed R. White is an ancestral storyteller, a new breed of authors in the 21st century. White has a passion for resurrecting the traditions of our grandsires, lifestyles forgotten by modern society. Through both creative fiction and ancestral lifestyle, White hopes to empower readers like you.
What Is Ancestral Storytelling?
Whether you enjoy reading, writing, or gaining insight into the divine inner genius, this blog will provide you the tools to grow empowered. We call this the Hero’s Journey. This is a trait programmed into every human upon birth, and it’s woven into every story. It’s little wonder we never tire of it in stories like Frodo and Sam, Luke Skywalker, and others. This is why our aboriginal ancestors had storytellers; a method to pass on tradition and inspire children—and their children. Without storytellers, human tradition would vanish.
But only when the body and mind are free of obstructions can the journey begin in earnest. Far too many people today are in pain, or dependent upon stimulants and drugs to appreciate the dance of life. We don’t consume the food of our grandsires, and we are left malnourished, confused, and stressed.
It may be odd to mix the disciplines of writing with longevity, but they are more interwoven than one may realize.
Four Pillars For Ancestral Empowerment.
- Lifestyle: to fuel the brain, bones, and nerves. Nutrient-dense foods and hydration. Think green juices, fresh fruits, seaweeds, raw bee pollen, pastured meats, liver, fish eggs, sardines, milk, and eggs.
- Movement: for circulation and to keep the blood flowing. Exercise, walks, and yoga.
- Stillness: to focus and ferment. Meditation, prayer, and introspection.
- Expression: through one’s written works, which reflect the author. One cannot be a storyteller without practice, rigor, and critique.
- Takeaways on nutrition, lifestyle, and ancestral living
- Writing tips
- Spiritual and philosophical concepts
- Book reviews
Want to join the Ethereal Seal’s book club? Members will receive free poetry, philosophies on life, and short stories.
- Ancestral ClabberTaking a break from writing affairs, I’ve explored some ancestral […]
- Blog Update 7/22/22It’s hard to believe that we’re at the end of […]
- Niche Study: Elven FantasyWithin each genre, e.g. fantasy, there are sub-genres called niches. […]
- Query LettersWhen it comes to querying, some writers dread the process. […]
- Book Blurbs!After listening to a detailed webinar on blurbing, it’s had […]
- Loglines for FictionI recently listened to a podcast with authors from Realm […]
- Bookworm Tag & A Short Manuscript Update.Many thanks to Thomas Grizzly for inspiring another game of […]
- What is Love in Fiction?Love, lust, desire, passion. As the selling point of romance […]
- Mythic Artifacts & Ancestral ObjectsWith a mythic artifact, shiny blades, fireworks, and forbidden knowledge […]
- What is Ancestral Storytelling?“Since time immemorial, we as human beings have communicated what’s […]
- August 2022 (1)
- July 2022 (3)
- June 2022 (3)
- May 2022 (2)
- April 2022 (1)
- March 2022 (5)
- February 2022 (2)
- January 2022 (3)
- December 2021 (5)
- November 2021 (2)
- October 2021 (2)
- September 2021 (4)
- August 2021 (3)
- July 2021 (4)
- June 2021 (3)
- May 2021 (3)
- April 2021 (3)
- March 2021 (2)
- February 2021 (5)
- January 2021 (1)
- December 2020 (3)
- November 2020 (1)
- October 2020 (5)
- September 2020 (5)
- August 2020 (3)
- June 2020 (5)
- May 2020 (2)
- April 2020 (1)
- March 2020 (1)
- December 2019 (1)
- November 2019 (1)
- October 2019 (1)
- August 2019 (1)
- July 2019 (2)
- June 2019 (1)
- May 2019 (1)
- April 2019 (2)
- December 2018 (1)
- September 2018 (1)